Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Short Update...

The last couple of weeks have been slow, but I figured I'd update on what little bit has been going on. Easter was fun, Joshua and I spent it with Jodie and his family. Joshua is an Easter egg hunt pro this year. He found over 40 eggs out of about 135. I was suprised that he needed little assistance this year; the only help he really needed was when his bucket got to heavy for him to carry. We let everyone else have his boiled eggs because Joshua will not eat them, and I really don't have much room in the fridge for deviled eggs. He racked up though, and he even received a basket from Brady & Luke with a cute lil' bunny in it.

The past few weeks my mom has been looking at buying a house with acreage, and we've found one, but we're waiting on approval from the city to put the horses on the land before she jumps into a contract with them. The house is beautiful, but it needs some work (mostly cosmetic work), and it was built in 1922. We're really hoping no one makes an offer on the house before the city's next meeting at the beginning of May because we really love the house and it has plenty of space and plenty of room for the horses (if we're granted permission to have them on the land). We've been looking around at Home Depot and Lowe's to get ideas for the house, and we've gotten some, but we haven't made any purchases yet incase we don't get the house.

Joshua racked up on some more Thomas gear. We found him another set of pj's at Target, and a magazine and a large puzzle floor mat at Lowe's. We've definately decided that his room will have a Train theme, not really focused on Thomas because he will probably grow out of him eventually. We're still working on potty training. It's still tough, and he doesn't go unless he's bottomless, except for yesterday when we were at Captain D's and you could just see the look on his face that he had to GO! And he went!!! Yay!!! I e-mailed both the city and the county special needs directors in the preschools about a week ago, and so far only the county has answered my message. I asked about the potty training issues we were having with Joshua, and if it would affect his ability to attend the school because I have heard so many times that the preschools would not allow a child to attend the school unless they were fully potty trained. Well, Hand-In-Hand's special needs director told me that it would not be a problem for him to attend because they work with them on that, and to go ahead and register him so they can do an assessment on where they think he would fit in best at the school (basicly, if he would need to be just in special needs classes or he could be in an intergrated classroom). I don't want to go ahead and sign him up because I want to chose the BEST school that would attend to Joshua's needs and make sure he gets the help he needs to succeed. That's why I've asked his therapists to ask around for me and talk to the schools to see what each has to offer. One of his therapists actually knows one of the special needs teachers at Hand In Hand and said she would talk to her. I really want everyone's opinion on the schools, you know the pros and cons of each. I need insight from the parents who know what I mean. A school can sugarcoat something to make it seem better than it is, and that's why I want to know from those of you who know best! So please hit me up on Facebook or on here!!

Well, that's about all for now! Hope I'll get some feedback about the preschools soon
!

No comments:

Post a Comment