Monday, March 29, 2010

Just Rambling...

I'm going to start from well, from about Friday, March, 19th, and continue from there...

March 19th... We had a fun day at the lake, and then we went to Tractor Supply to see the baby ducklings and chicks. So very sweet. I just wanted to take them all home with me. We went to wal-mart, and hung around til' the New Moon release at 12:01 AM, March 20th. I went to get in like about 5 minutes after they started letting the movies go. There was a line literally from the register in electronics all the way along the back wall through the toy section. & guess what?! I did NOT have to wait a single minute in that crazy line! & No I did not have a reserved copy. I saw one of the workers putting the movie up on another shelf, on the opposite end that the line was, and asked him if I could go ahead and get a copy, and sure enough he handed right to me!!! YAY!!! The only waiting I did was at the check-out line in the front of the store because they only had 3 lines open, and 2 of the 3 were those 20 items or less, and like usual, we had more than 20 items because we went in for groceries. I don't know what Wal-Mart was thinking, 3 lines... and there were at least a hundred people waiting in these ridiculous lines. I got home at 12:30 though, so I guess it wasn't too bad.


My lil' boo found him a plush duck that night too, and he's been sleeping with it ever since *he requires it to go to bed with him*. I also picked him out a shirt that says "Irish Girls Love Me". It's so cute. Really wish I could find him one that says "Asian Women Love Me". lol



This past Saturday, the 27th, Jodie, Joshua, & I went to Tallahasse, mainly to just get out of the house, and for Jodie to get a couple new handles for his Stiletto hammer (which only a FEW select stores in a hundred mile radius carry them, I think we figured about 3!). We went to Lake Ella and ate lunch, let Joshua play, and we took a stroll around the lake. After we left, we went to Chucky Cheese, which was a nightmare on Saturday afternoon because it was packed, but we made it work. Joshua had a great time, which is what mattered most. Sunday, we went and spent the day with Jodie's mom, and step-sis & step-bro, and we had fun. Jodie gave his grandma the book he bought her at Books-A-Million the day before. It was a pretty good weekend, but it seemed just too short. As of Sunday, it is only 2 more months 'til our 4 year anniversary! YAY!

Today, we went out to Ochlocknee to see our horses, and the NEW baby that was born at 2 am. We've never seen a newborn baby horse before. And she is so darn cute!!! The lady who gives Joshua riding lessons said that her name was probably going to be "Spice Girl", but would probably call her "Spicy". The new baby is Expresso's half-sister; they share the same dad, Starbuck. I just can't believe how soft her fur is, it feels like silk. And of course all the horses were jealous because everyone was focused on HER and not them. It's amazing how small she is compared to her parents and all the other horses, but I guess all babies are like that.

*Not Even A Day Old*

Joshua is still working on Potty Training. He still hasn't gotten the whole idea, of not going in his pants, so we still have to let him run around without bottoms during the day at the house, but he's definately doing so much better that he has been. He even stood up to pee one day like a big boy! I'm so proud of him, and I know he's proud of himself too! Joshua is also doing REALLY well with spelling, you can give him each letter of the alphabet and he can spell out & say each word without looking at ANYTHING!!! It's really amazing. ELEPHANT, ORANGE, & XYLOPHONE are 3 of his favorite words to spell. His therapists say that it's an autistic thing. Children with autism tend to read and spell a lot sooner than other children because it's concrete thinking, but they have trouble naming objects if the word is not spelled out for them. I'm just glad he's enjoying what he's doing, and I can't wait to see what else he's going to suprise me with!

*Joshua in his NEW Thomas pjs he got tonight*

No comments:

Post a Comment