Monday, June 7, 2010

Just An Update

It's been a couple of weeks since I last updated, so I figured I might as well catch everyone up. May 28th was Jodie & my 4 year anniversary, we've been dating for 4 whole years and I am so very happy to have him in our life. We didn't actually get to celebrate like we wanted too, we WERE going to go down to St. George Island for the weekend, BUT it was Memorial Weekend and the inn had DOUBLED their prices which was absolutely ridiculous, since it's just a basic inn with cement walls and a bed and bathroom and they wanted $150 a night to stay and since it was a holiday they required a two night stay. I think those people done lost their freakin' mind! Jodie ended up working both his jobs that Friday and didn't get off til' after 7pm, so we didn't get to spend any time together until Saturday night. My mom kept Joshua Saturday night, and we went to Rodizio's South American Grill in Tallahassee, which is by far the best food around. They have 15 kinds of meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, and seafood), and they come around to your table with these huge skewers and cut of pieces for you, and you can eat all that you want and it's $30 a person (not including drinks), and you eat by candle light. It's a really great restraunt and I recommend it to anyone! We went to Books-A-Million afterward and messed around a bit with the Alice In Wonderland gear, and Jodie bought me one of the Sookie Stackhouse books, "Living Dead In Dallas". From there on we went to the video store, went home, watched a movie and cuddled. YAY!!! We're hoping we can make a short trip to SGI here soon to make up for missing it on our anniversary, so I'm crossing my fingers, if not, we'll be going around the 4th of July for a couple of days with his family.

This past weekend we stayed indoors most of the weekend, since it has been storming off and on for about 2 weeks straight, so the pool was out of commision for Joshua this weekend. We went to Wal-Mart and bought the new Alice In Wonderland, which was really great. Tim Burton did an EXCELLENT job on it, and Johnny Depp was a great Mad Hatter. I used that $10 off coupon for the Blu-Ray & DVD combo pack, so we paid the same price as the DVD by itself. I've been cutting coupons lately for groceries and stuff, and we saved over $20 from the coupons on the things we always need and buy, and I got the new Twilight Saga book "The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner" by Stephenie Meyer which a portion of the proceeds got to the American Red Cross.

Joshua is talking so much lately, he'll be watching something and will go "Dang!", it's so cute. He repeats a lot of what he hears around him, so we have to be careful what we say around him. His therapist said he had the best day ever the other day in speech, he named all the animals, 15 verbs, and used some "ing" words. I'm so glad he's doing better, and hopefully we'll have him ready for school this coming up year, if not this year, he'll definately be going next year.

Well, that's about all for now. I've got some reading to do, and need to actually make my way to bed after to washing machine goes off. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment