Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Late Valentine's Day Celebration

This past Saturday, Jodie and I celebrated a late Valentine's day in Panacea, FL. A place I have been going to since I was a little girl. We first stopped by The Coastal and had lunch. Yummy scallops and clams for me, and shrimp for Jodie. I love that place, and I always have, even when it was known as The Crystal, years and years ago. After lunch we went across the bridge that crosses over Ochlocknee Bay and went to a beach I had found when I was pregnant with Joshua. It is near Bald Point State Park and it has a beautiful view of the Gulf. We spent about two hours walking along the beach and collecting seashells for my little collection, which ended up being a contest who could find the most unique shells, most complete, and then the largest. lol. I, of course found the largest and the most unique. We also ran across a large jellyfish on our stroll; I did not know what kind it was at the time, but when I got home I did some research and found put it was a Mushroom Cap jellyfish. This jellyfish does not have the long stringy stingers that you see on most jellyfish, it actually has short finger like ones that hang just below it's fringe and it's sting only causes mild pain to humans and is harmless(not that I would recommend trying to picking one up. Because really, who wants to have to be peed on to neutralize the pain?). It was a very amazing animal to see because you usually only see the Comb jellies, which are not true jellyfish, and you can pick them up without any consequences, other than them feeling like a wad of snot (ewwwwwww....). The jellyfish made it back out into the deep water and danced gracefully in the current as it made it's way back out to sea and got the chance to see another day. I think Jodie enjoyed seeing a side of me that does not come out very often. One who wasn't stressing and loves being one with nature. It was very relaxing and I do believe it is the first time we spent a whole day out together alone. It may have been a little late celebrating, but it is definitely the best Valentine's Day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment